there are many ways to make Russian salad. Here is a very easy recipe.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 big carrots
- 200 gr of peas (fresh or frozen or canned, as you prefer)
- 400 gr of green beans
- 300 gr of cauliflower
- 3 medium cans of tunafish
- 4 anchovy fillets
- a small jar of pickled capers
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- a small jar of mayonnaise
- vegetables in oil and in vinegar for decoration
Cook the vegetables in salted water and cut them into cubes. Put them in a big bowl, then add minced capers and anchovies. Season with vinaigre and mustard.
Add three-quarter of the mayonnaise to the vegetables and mix. Now you can decorate your salad with a last layer of mayonnaise and the vegetables in oil and in vinegar.
Put it in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, better all the night.
And enjoy it!
here is a very easy recipe that you can prepare by yourself when you invite your friends at home for tea time: the Chocolate Salami.
- 300g Crunchy biscuits, without butter (do you know Oro Saiwa? something so)
- 150g Butter
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons icing sugar
- Cut the butter into pieces and let it warm to room temperature. Then add sugar and eggs, and mix.
- Break the chocolate bars into pieces and put them into a small bowl. Ask an adult to melt the chocolate using the “bagno Maria” method (put the bowl on boiling water in a small pot). When the chocolate is completely melted, set the bowl aside and let the chocolate cool.
- Break the biscuits using your hands; make them into crumbs.
- Add chocolate to the butter and mix.
- Then add this mixture to the crumbs and mix again.
- Take the dough and make the shape of a salami. Wrap it in a layer of plastic film or greaseproof paper.
- Put the chocolate salami in the fridge for 3 hours or more.
- Then remove the salami from the paper and dust it with icing sugar.
- Cut into slices and serve.